error compiling Python 2.3

val

Hi the Gurus,
i'm trying to compile Python 2.3 remotely
(telnet access). It is Cobalt. Linux 2. mips. gcc 2.7.2.

This is a piece of output when doing ./configure

## ---------------------- ##
## Running config.status. ##
## ---------------------- ##

This file was extended by python config.status 2.3, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.53. Invocation command line was

CONFIG_FILES =
CONFIG_HEADERS =
CONFIG_LINKS =
CONFIG_COMMANDS =
$ ./config.status

on ns2.spiderwebhost.net

config.status:695: creating Makefile.pre
config.status:695: creating Modules/Setup.config
config.status:25: error: cannot find input file: Modules/Setup.config.in

When i'm looking into Modules, there is no Setup.config up there.

Naively doing make I get:
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop

Any advice? Or, maybe a pointer to the binary please?

Thanks,
Val

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou

Hi the Gurus,
i'm trying to compile Python 2.3 remotely
(telnet access). It is Cobalt. Linux 2. mips. gcc 2.7.2.

Cobalt? Cobalt?? Whatever...
Try reporting things from a little earlier; you might know better than
what I (or anybody else) might assume, but we can't be sure.

Specify URL of the .tgz file you downloaded.
Copy-paste the commands you entered (skip obviously dumb output, if for
example you use the v flag when extracting files) and their output.

The "This file was extended by..." does not sound very familiar, but
it's possible I never noticed it in configure's output.