Error deserialising a file

Guest

Hi,

I'm getting an error trying to deserialise an XML file via a web service.

The same code and file work perfectly on my local machine the error only
occurs on an ISPs shared web server. I don't even get an error message but a
page not found error.

I've attached the code I am usign to deserialise the file. This is contained
in a dll which the web service calls.

I have tried reading the file as straight text and this works fine. I am
sure that my web service can see the required dll since I have used it to
give me the filename.

Is there some setting in IIS or some difference in the environment on the
ISPs web server that could cause this. THey are running windows 2003 with IIS
6.0 and .net framework 1.1.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

Steve

Dim serializer As New XmlSerializer(GetType(clsWSGBootSettings))
Dim fstFileStream As FileStream
Dim objMMSSettings As clsWSGBootSettings
'Deserialise the file to create the main web site object
serializer = New XmlSerializer(GetType(clsWSGBootSettings))
fstFileStream = New FileStream(Me.SerialiseFileName,
FileMode.Open)
'Ensure the object is updated
'Force the full model to be created
objMMSSettings = CType(serializer.Deserialize(fstFileStream),
clsWSGBootSettings)
If Not fstFileStream Is Nothing Then
fstFileStream.Close()
fstFileStream = Nothing