Error implies that the servlet was originally compiled with classes which cannot be located

Plasmafire

Hi, I am repeatedly flummoxed by this intermittent error, please any
help will be great. This has already ruined a few demos.

Error 404: SRVE0203E: Servlet [action]:
com.recon.webapps.servlet.ReconServlet was found, but is missing
another required class. SRVE0206E: This error typically implies that
the servlet was originally compiled with classes which cannot be
located by the server. SRVE0187E: Check your classpath to ensure that
all classes required by the servlet are present.SRVE0210I: This
problem can be debugged by recompiling the servlet using only the
classes in the application's runtime classpath SRVE0234I: Application
classpath=[C:\RSA6\runtimes\base_v6\java\lib;C:\RSA6\runtimes
\base_v6\java\lib\dt.jar;C:\RSA6\runtimes\base_v6\java\lib
\htmlconverter.jar;

Long list of jar files
<Snip>

Thanks a ton

Thomas Fritsch

Plasmafire said:
Hi, I am repeatedly flummoxed by this intermittent error, please any
help will be great. This has already ruined a few demos.
Why could it ruin a *few* demos? The natural thing to do, after seeing
this intermittent error 1 or 2 times, would have been to avoid any
further demos and to put all effort into fixing this capital bug. What
fool in your company decided to do the opposite?
Error 404: SRVE0203E: Servlet [action]:
com.recon.webapps.servlet.ReconServlet was found, but is missing
another required class. SRVE0206E: This error typically implies that
the servlet was originally compiled with classes which cannot be
located by the server. SRVE0187E: Check your classpath to ensure that
all classes required by the servlet are present.SRVE0210I: This
problem can be debugged by recompiling the servlet using only the
classes in the application's runtime classpath SRVE0234I: Application
classpath=[C:\RSA6\runtimes\base_v6\java\lib;C:\RSA6\runtimes
\base_v6\java\lib\dt.jar;C:\RSA6\runtimes\base_v6\java\lib
\htmlconverter.jar;

Long list of jar files
<Snip>
What is wrong with the advice given in the error message above? Did you
try it?
Is the above error message from a client's browser, or is it an extract
of the server's log file? Play with your web-app until you can reproduce
the error. Then look into the server's log file to find some exception
stack traces correlated to your error (especially something like
NoClassDefFoundError or ClassNotFoundException). Those exceptions should
give you a quick clue about what class (and which jar file) is actually
missing.