Error in HDL designer

roche.alexis

Hi,
I'm trying to compil an entire design and some Errors occurs :

** Error: (vcom-13) Recompile X:/LHCb/TELL1/hdl/
detector_spec_vhdl_libraries/detector_muon_lib/work.muon_rx_syncram
because X:\LHCb\TELL1\hdl\common_tell1_vhdl_libraries/common_TELL1_lib/
work.common_tell1_type_map has changed.
** Error: X:/LHCb/TELL1/hdl/detector_spec_vhdl_libraries/
detector_muon_lib/hdl/muon_rx_mux_struct.vhd(256): (vcom-1195) Cannot
find expanded name: 'detector_muon_lib.muon_rx_syncram'.
** Error: X:/LHCb/TELL1/hdl/detector_spec_vhdl_libraries/
detector_muon_lib/hdl/muon_rx_mux_struct.vhd(256): (vcom-1105)
'detector_muon_lib' is not an entity.
** Error: X:/LHCb/TELL1/hdl/detector_spec_vhdl_libraries/
detector_muon_lib/hdl/muon_rx_mux_struct.vhd(256): Configuration
specification requires an entity aspect.

I've tryed to compile an older design wich I've already compile with
no problem and the error is still there.
Moreover I've desinstalled HDL designer of my computer and reinstalle
it, and the error occurs again.

I really don't know how this kind of errors can occurs, so if someone
have any idea.
Thancks in advance

hans64

[...]

Try deleting the contents of the Modelsim Downstream folder and
rebuild your whole project. Make sure you don't have any scripts or
any other user written files in that folder because ones deleted they
are history......

I would also set the "compile always" option which you can find in
your Modelsim Compile Settings (RMB on Modelsim compile task),

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

PS HDS2007.1 is out.

roche.alexis

Try deleting the contents of the Modelsim Downstream folder and
rebuild your whole project. Make sure you don't have any scripts or
any other user written files in that folder because ones deleted they
are history......

I would also set the "compile always" option which you can find in
your Modelsim Compile Settings (RMB on Modelsim compile task),

Hanswww.ht-lab.com

PS HDS2007.1 is out.

Oki it's seems to work.
Thanck you !!!!!

roche.alexis

Oki it's seems to work.
Thanck you !!!!!

Oh sorry i've done a mistake. I already have the same error again.
I tryed to delete "Modelsim Downstream folder" and set the "compile
always" but with no results.
Concerning the compilation directly in modelsim, I've about 20/30
libraries to import in modelsim, so I tryed not to do that at each
test ;)

So if you have any others ideas.
Thanck you for your last answers

HT-Lab

... snip
Oh sorry i've done a mistake. I already have the same error again.
I tryed to delete "Modelsim Downstream folder" and set the "compile
always" but with no results.
Concerning the compilation directly in modelsim, I've about 20/30
libraries to import in modelsim, so I tryed not to do that at each
test ;)

So if you have any others ideas.
Thanck you for your last answers

You can use HDL designer to create a compile script. Have a look in the task
list for the export_rtl task. Use the generate file to compile your design
in Modelsim standalone as suggested by Mike. This might provide you with
some answers (perhaps you have a circular dependency in your packages?).

Sorry can't think of anything else at the moment,

Hans
www.ht-lab.com