Error in Smart Navigation + Javascript

Priya

I have enabled smart navigation for my ASP.Net web application.
It works fine except for some of my pages where I'm using some Javascript
code to open a page in a new window on a button click.
Here is a sample Javascript code which I'm using

Response.Write("<script language='javascript'>")
Response.Write("window.open('POREP01.aspx')")
Response.Write("</script")
Response.Write(">")

The error message which I'm getting is
'htmlfile:Invalid pointer'

A page http://localhost/aspnet_client/system_web/1_0_3705_352/SmartNav.js is
opened in debug mode in Visual Studio.Net,

and it breaks at the line

hdm.appendChild(k);

Is this a bug?

Regards,
Priya

Joe Gass

How about using RegisterStartupScript instead?

RegisterStartupScript("Startup", "<script
language='javascript'>window.open('POREP01.aspx')</script>")