Error: Insufficient Memory

Jagannathan Santhanam

We are trying to install JDK 1_2_2_0017 (we need this version of JDK
for one of the Business Objects Module) on our server and we get the
following error:

Error Title: Setup Initialization Error
Error Message: Insufficient memory available to run setup. Close all
other applications to make more memory available and try to run setup
again.

Error 111

This server has more than 7 GB Ram available and has lots of hard-disk
space also. Server itself is a four way 1.6 GHz XEON processor.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jagannathan Santhanam

Paul Lutus

Jagannathan said:
We are trying to install JDK 1_2_2_0017 (we need this version of JDK
for one of the Business Objects Module) on our server and we get the
following error:

Error Title: Setup Initialization Error
Error Message: Insufficient memory available to run setup. Close all
other applications to make more memory available and try to run setup
again.

Error 111

This server has more than 7 GB Ram available

You mean RAM installed. Installed RAM != available RAM. And I want to hear
which OS recognizes and supports 7 GB of RAM.
and has lots of hard-disk
space also. Server itself is a four way 1.6 GHz XEON processor.

Find out whether the message is factually correct.