Error: The file could not be loaded into the Web Forms designer

Guest

Hello,

We have a new Windows 2003 swerver installation and .NET 2003.

I am trying to create a new ASP.NET application and it wont'l let open forms
in design mode.

I am getting the following error:

The file could not be loaded into the Web Forms designer ...
File or assembly name System.Design or one of its dependencies, was not found

Any idea what might be wrong ?

Michal

Jody Gelowitz

Here are a couple things that you can try.

The first would be to ensure that all of your project references are still
in tact. You can do this by expanding the "References" folder underneath
the project name in the Solution Explorer.

The second thing to try would be to compile the project on the new server.
I have sometimes found that this is all that needs to be done in order to
properly open some forms in Design view.

HTH,
Jody

Guest

Thanks for the asnwer.
Unfortunately it did not solve my problem
I am having the same problem with both a brand new ASP.NET application, and
an anexisting one. And even with a simple windows application.

Any other ideas ?