Error trying to use VS form designer with inherited code behind class

AP

Hi,

I am trying to inherit from a base class and use that as my code behind
class for various forms that have common functionality. The problem is that
when I try to view the form in the form designer that I get an error: "[Base
class name here] could not be loaded."

Why am I getting this error?

Adam

AP

Yes it inherits from System.Web.UI.Page.

Marina said:
Does you base class inherit from the Page class? If not, you are out of
luck. It must inherit from Page, or have Page as the base class somewhere up
the inheritance hierarchy if you have multiple inheritance levels.