error with msdn example code 'fun with soap extensions'

smarty

Thanks for the reply. I thought it may be easier to start with modules and
then get soap extensions to work.

I have been following code examples in a .NET XML web services book and have
created a dll library file called Notashop.Wscr.c10.SimpleModule.dll and then
copied it into the bin directory of a web application.

I then modified the web.config file as follows

<configuration>
<system.web>
<httpModules>
<add name="SimpleModule" type="SimpleModule,
Notashop.Wscr.c10.SimpleModule" />
</httpModules>
</system.web>
</configuration>

When I run the application it returns the following error.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Notashop.Wscr.c10.SimpleModule'.

Source Error:

Line 4: <!--Setup handlers-->
Line 5: <httpHandlers>
Line 6: <add verb="*" path="*.aspx"
type="Notashop.Wscr.c10.SimpleModule"/>
Line 7: </httpHandlers>
Line 8: <!--Specify debug mode-->

Source File: C:\Documents and Settings\GBstsma.NMEA\my documents\visual
studio 2005\WebSites\testwebapp1\web.config Line: 6

Is this a problem with the web application configuration i.e. web.config
file or the dll itself. Not sure how I can debug this one.

Any help appreciated

smarty

I have realised what the problem was. I used a namespace so it needs to be
namespace.class in web.config

Thanks

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Smarty,

As for SOAP Extension, you can view the following msdn documentation which
has some detailed introduction and sample code in it.

#SOAP Message Modification Using SOAP Extensions
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/esw638yk(VS.80).aspx

Also, there are some 3rd party samples over internet:

#Web Services [Validation] and [Assert] Attributes
http://www.pluralsight.com/samples.aspx?category=xml

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steven Cheng