"ERROR:Xst:1548 - file.vhd line xx: Negative range in type of signal <h> is not supported"

Santosh

Hi,

I am using floating point package provided by 1076.3 working group
(David
Bishop et. al.). For synthesis i am using Xilinx ISE. Of course, I am
unable
to synthesize.
Whether Xilinx has fixed this problem or not....
i am still getting the same error "Negative range in type of signal
<dresult> is not supported."
i have even downloaded the service pack which they have mentioned in
the answer

"For real type functions, this problem has been fixed in the latest
6.2i Service Pack, available
at:http://support.xilinx.com/xlnx/xil_sw_updates_home.jsp
The first service pack containing the fix is 6.2i Service Pack 1."

could u please tell me the way how to use the package on the xilinx
only without going to the synplicity tool as because i don't have the
synplicity tool....

Thanks,
Santosh kumar

Santosh kumar