[EVALUATION] - E03c - The Ruby Object Model (Revised Documentation)

Ilias Lazaridis

vruz said:
which experts?

those who are unable to communicate their knowledge?
[REQUOTE]
e.g. due to commonly recognised terminology and notations?
[/REQUOTE]

Among others, people who are authors the of code you're profiting
from.

I'm not profiting from this code.

currently, it's documentation cost me just huge amounts of time.
Among others the highly respected creator of the Ruby language, who
many here believe to be a genius and a person of excellent human
qualities.

System designers should not document their own systems.

And if they see that their documentation causes problems:

then they should clarify things:

[EVALUATION] - E03d - The Ruby Object Model (End Game)
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/msg/ea9da543dc256b42?hl=en
Will you show us some minimal display of decency ?

this is not my task.

..

Gary Lowder

David Mitchell wrote:
| Let me see how closely I can predict Ilias's answer. Please note, this
| is a parody. I'm just taking the piss. (OT: Please don't pull me up for
| the apostrophe I have put in Ilias's name, some camps consider it
| correct, others don't, it's not hugely important).
|
| <PissTake>
|
| Mark Smith wrote:
|
|> Do you not know what "Object" is in Ruby?
|

| of course

| case in point
|
| </PissTake>

LOL, thanks David, I really liked that. I'm only following the thread
out of morbid curiosity as to where this is going.

Florian and a few others who painstakingly take the time to provide
really well thought out answers get as a reply from Illias:

| sorry, I cannot read your document (nex context)

Now I know, people have wasted a cumulatively large/inordinate number of
hours explaining what won't be read.

I'm extreemly new to Ruby, and I got something out of Florian's
explainations, but Illias didn't give it the courtesy of a read.

I've decided Illias has a research project, possibly a thesis on the
line here. Illias' job is to fill in these templates he's devised, with
differing languages to show some interrelation or correlation based on
<insert blah here>.

Illias has devised the great Huckleberry Finn ploy to paint his fence.
Illias, read the book, I won't explain what that statement means. I'm
willing to bet the intended audience of this post knows.

Next, my two cents:

I'm really new to Ruby, and am working my way through Pickaxe II, a
great read Illias. It really boils down to this, who gives a shit. The
diagram in question has not, nor in my opinion will not, have any
bearing on how 99.99% of actual programmers will use or understand Ruby.

People, there is nothing left to see here in this thread, move along.
If someone won't read a book/passage you hand to him, why hand him the
book? Secondly, do not help paint the fence.

Now, it's one thing to ignore a sender's address, trivial with procmail.
~ How do you completely ignore all of a person's threads? As any replys
to the thread will have different sender's addresses. I don't think
procmail does that as elegantly.
~ /me goes to ponder

Gary.

Bill Kelly

From: "Ilias Lazaridis said:
this is not my task.

You categorical homosapien!

:)

Have you not expressed dismay when some community
doesn't respond to YOU with decency?

You've asked the community to treat you well; it asks
the same of you. Task schmask.

Regards,

Bill

P.S. No. 4. The Larch.

vruz

Now, it's one thing to ignore a sender's address, trivial with procmail.
~ How do you completely ignore all of a person's threads? As any replys
to the thread will have different sender's addresses. I don't think
procmail does that as elegantly.
~ /me goes to ponder

As I suggested, (and Ryan Davis at least agreed) the original poster
should tag his threads in an identifiable manner, as a minimal display
of decency for those who prefer not to be "benefited" by his "useful"
"information".

Suggested tag is [ILIAS].

tsuraan

LOL, thanks David, I really liked that. I'm only following the thread
out of morbid curiosity as to where this is going.
Now I know, people have wasted a cumulatively large/inordinate number
of
hours explaining what won't be read.

I'm extreemly new to Ruby, and I got something out of Florian's
explainations, but Illias didn't give it the courtesy of a read.
I'd just like to say that while this thread has been amusing (for some
reason trolls always amuse me), I actually have learned quite a bit
from the honest attempts that people have made to correct Ilias. He
might be an idiot or a troll, but the responses to his assertions were
not wasted. I, at least, have learned from them. I just thought I'd
give some support so the people trying to correct Ilias don't feel too
discouraged from responding with informative replies in the future.

--jay

Florian Groß

Gary said:
I'm extreemly new to Ruby, and I got something out of Florian's
explainations, but Illias didn't give it the courtesy of a read.

While it didn't take me too much time to write that up It is still a
good thing that the effort was not totally wasted. Thank you.