eventtarget is null or is not an object

Guest

I install the framework SP1 as descrbed in the following article ... but i
still get the same problem.

Any suggestion ?

--
Thanks Karl

Karl said:
This is a known bug in ASP.Net 1.1, there's a hotfix to fix it.
Alternatively, you can write a simple class to fix it.
Note on the bug:

Server control to fix it:
public class NoBugForm : HtmlForm {
public override string UniqueID {
get {
string id = base.UniqueID;
return id.Substring((id.LastIndexOf(":") + 1));

If you are building an application that'll go out to client, using the
NoBugForm instead of a normal form is a safer bet unless you can guarantee
they'll have that hotfix.

Karl

Manoj Mathew said:
I get a javascript error while loading an ASP.Net page. The page
contains
form to which ASP.Net inserts a name which has ":" charachter. The
javascript generated by ASP.Net gives an error of an Expected ";". The
javascript code generated is

function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument) {
var theform;
if (window.navigator.appName.toLowerCase().indexOf("netscape") > -1)
{
theform = document.forms["_ctl0:_ctl0:MediaPartnerForm136"];
}
else
{
theform = document._ctl0:_ctl0:MediaPartnerForm136;
}
theform.__EVENTTARGET.value = eventTarget.split("$").join(":");
theform.__EVENTARGUMENT.value = eventArgument;
theform.submit();
}

The form has the attributes

<form name="_ctl0:_ctl0:MediaPartnerForm136" method="post"
action="lightbox.aspx" id="_ctl0__ctl0_MediaPartnerForm136">

Can someone give me some insight on this if this can be handled?

Manoj

Guest

Sorry for the brief description .... But when I post the message I was
hurried ... and probably i refer to the wrong bug.
Now I try to be more precise .... hoping that someone could help me.
I get a java script error on Internet Explorer when changing the index of a
drop down list control inside a form.
the error is: __EVENTTARGET is null or is not an object
The code is auto generated by the framework library, and the error is in the
following function:

<!--
function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument) {
var theform;
if (window.navigator.appName.toLowerCase().indexOf("microsoft") > -1) {
theform = document.Form1;
}
else {
theform = document.forms["Form1"];
}
theform.__EVENTTARGET.value = eventTarget.split("$").join(":");
theform.__EVENTARGUMENT.value = eventArgument;
theform.submit();
}
// -->
</script>

the error is on the line: theform.__EVENTTARGET.value =
eventTarget.split("$").join(":");