Evolution bindings

Anthony Gardner

I'm looking for a ruby/evolution binding. I've installed the Hardy Heron bi=
naries for Revolution but get an error with the following.
=C2=A0
require 'rubygems'
require 'revolution

r =3D Revolution::Revolution.new
res =3D r.get_all_addressbook_sources()

-- or --

res =3D Revolution.get_all_addressbook_sources()

/revolution_test.rb:10: undefined method `get_all_addressbook_sources' for=
Revolution:Module (NoMethodError)

Maybe I'm doing sth wrong with my Ruby (bit of a Ruby noob)

The last date in the Revolution discussion forum is 2005!! I'm assuming thi=
s is no longer an ongoing project.

If not, are there any other bindings? I've seen SWIG but haven't had a chan=
ce to really look at it to see if it's what I need.

CIA

-Ants=20

Disclaimer: Technically speaking, I am always wrong!=0A=0A=0A ________=
__________________________________________________=0ANot happy with your em=
ail address?.=0AGet the one you really want - millions of new email address=
es available now at Yahoo! http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html

Tom Copeland

I'm looking for a ruby/evolution binding. I've installed the Hardy Heron binaries for Revolution but get an error with the following.

require 'rubygems'
require 'revolution

r = Revolution::Revolution.new
res = r.get_all_addressbook_sources()

-- or --

res = Revolution.get_all_addressbook_sources()

./revolution_test.rb:10: undefined method `get_all_addressbook_sources' for Revolution:Module (NoMethodError)

Maybe I'm doing sth wrong with my Ruby (bit of a Ruby noob)

The last date in the Revolution discussion forum is 2005!! I'm assuming this is no longer an ongoing project.

Yeah, it's been a long time since I worked on that, and the docs on
revolution.rubyforge.org seem to have been generated from the current
code in Subversion. You may want to check out the code and build it
from source.

Yours,

tom

Tom Copeland

Yeah, it's been a long time since I worked on that, and the docs on
revolution.rubyforge.org seem to have been generated from the current
code in Subversion. You may want to check out the code and build it
from source.

I just rebuilt it from source and put the gem here:

http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=576

You could download "revolution-0.5.gem.new" and give it a whirl,

Yours,

Tom

GidgetGamb