exception handling

Michael Sterling

ok, i'm getting the "System.FormatException: Input string was not in
correct format." error. all i want to do is see the select statement
that the code is generating. how do i do it? i'm guessing i need to
catch it in a try except block but i'm so green that i can't figure it
out. also i have my Trace option set to true and the page declaration
at the top. for some reason it writes everything in the background
behind my components. is there a way to stop this?

Marina

We certainly can't tell you why you are getting the error, since you haven't
provided any source code!

Try catching it in the try/catch, with the catch containing the exception
handling. The try/catch syntax is well documented, as well as thousands of
example of its use online.