Exception when accessing dictionary object

Alan Silver

: Oddly enough, the following day I was copying a file to the server when
: it suddenly rebooted itself. No idea why, but it did. When it came back
: up, the dictionary was working fine!! The machine had been rebooted the
: previous night after the aborted rebuild, so it wasn't that simple.

I was always fascinated by AI (Artificial Intelligence) but on-the-fly AI
might make scheduling downtime more difficult.

I have always been fascinated by the idea of AI, but having seen so
little NI (natural intelligence) around, I am dubious if AI will ever
happen!!
: I hate computers sometimes, they can be even more irrational and
: frustrating than children!!

Ooh, that's a close one. The age of both might make a difference.

Nah, children get more rational when they get over a certain age,
computers get steadily worse!!
: Anyway, we are going for another attempt this Weds, so we will see what
: happens.

Good luck.

Ta

Roland Hall

in message
:
: : > >: Oddly enough, the following day I was copying a file to the server
when
: >>: it suddenly rebooted itself. No idea why, but it did. When it came
back
: >>: up, the dictionary was working fine!! The machine had been rebooted
the
: >>: previous night after the aborted rebuild, so it wasn't that simple.
: >>
: >>I was always fascinated by AI (Artificial Intelligence) but on-the-fly
AI
: >>might make scheduling downtime more difficult.
: >
: > I have always been fascinated by the idea of AI, but having seen so
little
: > NI (natural intelligence) around, I am dubious if AI will ever happen!!
:
:
: Even more interesting than AI: artificial stupidity! :)
: http://www3.sympatico.ca/sarrazip/nasa.html

I can see that happening. Sounds like the Akron I was the prelude Tandy
TRS.

And today we just redefine what stupidity is. According to the Liberals I'm
a fricken genius, or I would be if I converted, otherwise my knuckles drag
the ground, which is absurd since I don't believe in Darwinism. The IRS
thinks I'm rich because I live above the poverty line which puts me into the
200% tax bracket which would explain the death tax. I still owe them.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Mark J. McGinty

Alan Silver said:
That's brilliant!! Thanks for that.

That's a classic piece isn't it? I first saw in on Compuserve, longer ago
than I'm going to admit to being in this business. :) I was pleased to
see that google took me straight to that copy.

Not that it strictly pertains (though it is dev-related) is this humor
piece, dedicated to the art of writing unmaintainable code. It is an
absolute riot, in my book!

http://mindprod.com/unmain.html

Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I love these guys! :)

Enjoy,
Mark