executing VIM on a remote machine?

gianmh

Is is possible with ruby to execute vim on a remote machine to edit a file?
can some one point me in the right direction?

bbxx789_05ss

Gian said:
Is is possible with ruby to execute vim on a remote machine to edit a
file?
can some one point me in the right direction?

Why would you use vim instead of editing the file directly, e.g.

File.foreach("data.txt") do |line|
#do something to line
end

1

1337p337

Is is possible with ruby to execute vim on a remote machine to edit a file?
can some one point me in the right direction?
ruby -e 'system "ssh user@machine vim remote_file"'
SCNR

gianmh

ruby -e 'system "ssh user@machine vim remote_file"'
SCNR

That worked but now I am getting strange characters when i use the
back key and hit esc to go into command mode