Extending a 3rd party control

Randy

I'm trying to extend the Infragistics Webcombo. I create my own server
control and set all
the properties that I want to standardize on in the constructor. However,
drag my control onto the design view of my aspx page, it puts all
the original properties in the html. For example, I want all my drop
downs to be 80px wide. So I want to
default this in the constructor but allow developers to override if need be.
However, now the html properties have a value of 200px.

Is there anyway to tell the server control to not pull in properties into
the html?

-Randy

Rico

Randy,

I have been working the several past few days with Infragistics, and
extending two of their controls in my own composite control. I have not
experienced this problem though, however i think that you are doing
something wrong when you're rendering the controls, or that you define
your properties incorrectly.
This is an example how i define a property:

<Bindable(True), Category("MinTabb"), DefaultValue(""),
Description("tb_Tree_itemtype.intTypeId will be equaled to this
integer.")> Public Property [GetWhereTypeIdEquals]() As Integer
Get
Return Me._GetWhereTypeIdEquals
End Get
Set(ByVal Value As Integer)
Me._GetWhereTypeIdEquals = Value
End Set
End Property

And later in:
'i use the property (if it is set) like this:
If me.GetWhereGroupIdEquals <> 0 then '.... you get the idea ..

Randy

Rico,

I'm not even adding my own properties. I'm only trying to set defaults for
the standard properties of the webcombo control. e.g. in the constructor
I'll do something like this.

this.Width = 50;

However, when I add the control to my page, it sets the width property in
the html to 200, nullifying my constructor change.

-Randy