Extending datagrid with new/insert button

Manuel Trunk

Hi,
I try to develop a server control which inherits from DataGrid and adds a
new/insert button to this grid. This is no problem, but I can't get the event
fired from this new button.
I tried everything, implementing INamingContainer and IPostBackDataHandler,
added the button to the footer of the datagrid and so on. Nothing works.
Anyone who can help me?

Kind regrads,
Manuel

Thiruppathi S

Hi Manuel,

Just add a footer template with required fields and add a button with
command name
when u click the button the datagrid itemcommand fires.u can capture this
and do the rest.

i hop this will help u.

Rgds,
Thiruppathi S

Manuel Trunk

Just add a footer template with required fields and add a button with
command name

Hi Thiruppathi,

the problem is that I don't have any template within a server control
inherited from datagrid.

Best regards,
Manuel

Thiruppathi S

Hi Manuel,

Create a ITemplate column and add this on datagrid on databinding
for this you can see dynamically creating template column in datagrid in
google

Rgds,
Thiruppathi S

Manuel Trunk

Hi Thiruppathi,

this could work, but I want to place the button below the datagrid and later
I want to add an "editForm" which the user of the control specifies. Found no
working solution for that until now.

Regards,
Manuel

Thiruppathi S