Extracting Data from Datagrid

Joel Zinn

I have a developer that wants to dump data from a datagrid to an external
file. I am thinking a .csv file for simplicity sake. I had thought about
dumping the data from the dataset, but there is considerable morphing of the
data that occurs in the databind portion of the code. I know there are
issues with postback, paging, etc.

What is the best way to accomplish dumping the data from the datagrid.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brock Allen

I'd suggest gettng the data from the original data source and dumping from
that. The DataGrid in v1.1 is really a display mechanism.

Joel Zinn

I realize that about the grid. The problem is that the developer who is
requesting this has done some considerable modification on the data after
the dataset was created.