File field control and Web.Config

Guest

All,

I have a file field control and have set the following in the web config.

<httpRuntime
executionTimeout="600"
maxRequestLength="4096"
useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="false"
minFreeThreads="8"
minLocalRequestFreeThreads="4"
appRequestQueueLimit="100"
/>

Now when I try to upload a file greater then 4mb I get a page cannot be
displayed message - what page is it trying to find and how can i set what
page to look for?

Thanks
Msuk

bruce barker

you cannot control this behavior. to stop the fileupload at the max size,
asp.net closes the connection to the client (the only way to get it stop
uploading). the browser then reports it could not get the requested page, as
it never finished the posting the request.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

| All,
|
| I have a file field control and have set the following in the web config.
|

| <httpRuntime
| executionTimeout="600"
| maxRequestLength="4096"
| useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="false"
| minFreeThreads="8"
| minLocalRequestFreeThreads="4"
| appRequestQueueLimit="100"
| />
|
| Now when I try to upload a file greater then 4mb I get a page cannot be
| displayed message - what page is it trying to find and how can i set what
| page to look for?
|
| Thanks
| Msuk

Guest

Hi,

Thanks how can I code around this so the user is informed the file is too
big. My understanding is I cant check the size of the file on the client
side and if it is too big the connection is cut so how can I overcome this?

Thanks
Msuk

Guest

Hi,

How can I overcome this, my understanding is that I cant check the size of
the file on the client side due to security risk so how can I detect the file
is too big and inform the user?

Thanks
Msuk