Newsgroups: comp.lang.vhdl
Von: "anupam" <[email protected]> - Nachrichten dieses Autors suchen
Datum: 6 Feb 2006 02:46:12 -0800
Lokal: Mo 6 Feb. 2006 11:46
Betreff: file include in VHDL
Antworten | Antwort an Autor | Weiterleiten | Drucken | Einzelne
Nachricht | Original anzeigen | Missbrauch melden

hi,

I am in verification using VHDL . I want to write a >single testbench
,for a block and run different test cases using it , >but the file
include function is not present in VHDL so whats >the easier method to
do the same??

Some use the C preprocessor before compiling.

The standard way is to create different architectures for the tester
entity in the testbench and use VHDL configurations to select a
specific architecture for each test.

Hubble

anupam

Not of much use
The entity part of my testbench is empty like any other testbench
so i am writin g the whole testbench when i am writing a new
architecture .....

regards,
Anupam jain

anupam

hi,
Procedures work fine if you are verifing a standard algorithm or
protocol but this approach doesnt work with random stimuli ....

regards.
Anupam Jain

Mike Treseler

anupam said:
Procedures work fine if you are verifing a standard algorithm or
protocol but this approach doesnt work with random stimuli ....

A testbench can only handle a finite
set of stimulus data, "random" or otherwise.
Your choices to convert an acquired
data file to vhdl constants are:

1. Convert all the data samples to
a vhdl constant array package using a script
or editor macro.

2. Convert your data samples to
vhdl variables on the fly using vhdl textio.

I find that (1) is clean and simple and
(2) is slow and annoying.

The only use I can imagine for a
pre-processor would be to select one of