File not found error

barry

Hi

I get this error "Page cannot be found" HTTP error 404 when i try to open
a .asp file (example default.asp) through IIS 6.0

how can i correct this problem

TIA
Barry

Mark Fitzpatrick

Barry,
On the Win 2003 box, you did enable ASP to be allowed correct? In the
versions I was playing with, it was disabled by default and I thought the
behavior was similar.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

barry

Hi Mark

Thanks for your prompt reply, but i could not understand which Windows 2003
box your are refering to, can you please elobrate this a little more, i need
to get the site running urgently

Thanks
Barry

Hans Kesting

IIS 6.0 is the webserver for Win2003 (XP has IIS 5). So that Win2003
box is your webserver.

Hans Kesting

barry

Hi

I am a bit ignorant in these matters, could you guys please explain with
instructions like open Computer Management , select node etc.

Barry