    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(mailto:);

    How to resolve this.
    Thanks a lot

    jiangyh, Nov 22, 2004

  2. I believe you want to start your client';s Outlook express from browser.

    you can use hyperlink for the same
    eg:

    Regards,
    Jignesh Desai

    Jignesh Desai, Nov 22, 2004

  3. jiangyh

    jiangyh Guest

    hi Jignesh Desai:

    yes I want to start outlook express but I have a server button to fire
    this event.so I need to use process object to start outlook at server side.

    thanks a lot.

    jiangyh, Nov 22, 2004
  4. Do you want your user to get up from his computer and find his way to the
    server to see the outlook open over there?

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Nov 22, 2004
  5. jiangyh

    jiangyh Guest

    hi Eliyahu Goldin:

    yes I want.

    jiangyh, Nov 23, 2004
  6. The syntax mailto: is good for openning a new empty
    message on the client. It is used on client with an <a> element, as Jignesh
    pointed out.

    To call an exe with Process.Start you need to specify the path like
    "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\msimn.exe". That is provided you've taken
    care of all security issues.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Nov 23, 2004