filenames

Wolfgang

Hi, anyone knowing whether the filename
"windows.js" causes any difficulties if I use it for
a javascipt-file to be included in a html-page ?
thanks
Wolfgang

Evertjan.

Wolfgang wrote on 16 jan 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
Hi, anyone knowing whether the filename
"windows.js" causes any difficulties if I use it for
a javascipt-file to be included in a html-page ?

did you experience any ?

Wolfgang Schrader

maybe, I got a javascript error, reduced to a very simple example (no
javascript at all, only including the file windows.js) .
The error still happend and disappeared after renaming to Windows.js.
I am not quite shure whether I found the real reason.
(client: IE 6.0)
Wolfgang

Evertjan.

Wolfgang wrote on 16 jan 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
Hi, anyone knowing whether the filename
"windows.js" causes any difficulties if I use it for
a javascipt-file to be included in a html-page ?
I said:
did you experience any ?
Wolfgang Schrader wrote on 16 jan 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
maybe, I got a javascript error,

What error content ?
reduced to a very simple example (no
javascript at all, only including the file windows.js) .

you should at least put some js in that file:

alert("hi")
The error still happend and disappeared after renaming to Windows.js.
I am not quite shure whether I found the real reason.
(client: IE 6.0)

The simple answer by experiment is:

rename your file back to windows.js,
and if the problem re-emerges, it is probably the case

Perhaps show us your exact linking code?

Manu

test
Evertjan. said:
Wolfgang wrote on 16 jan 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:

Wolfgang Schrader wrote on 16 jan 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:

What error content ?

you should at least put some js in that file:

alert("hi")

The simple answer by experiment is:

rename your file back to windows.js,
and if the problem re-emerges, it is probably the case

Perhaps show us your exact linking code?

Manu

test 2
Manu said:
test
Evertjan. said:
Wolfgang wrote on 16 jan 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:

Wolfgang Schrader wrote on 16 jan 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:

What error content ?

you should at least put some js in that file:

alert("hi")

The simple answer by experiment is:

rename your file back to windows.js,
and if the problem re-emerges, it is probably the case

Perhaps show us your exact linking code?

Wolfgang Schrader

the error message itself is nonsens
(wrong character in line 1, colums 7)
it occurs even the javascript-file is empty.
I tried it with an alert before deleting all in the file.

But I failed isolating the problem from the SAP-workbench
I work with. This means, outside SAP it is working. I have to look for
this phenomena at first.
Therefore thanks so far.