finding child controls of Repeater

Guest

Hi,

I have a repeater object which is bound to a dataset, the repeater has one
item template which contains dropdowns, checklist, text boxes etc.
After the repeater has rendered the user can change the values in the child
controls and add new rows to the repeater.
The user then clicks save changes and I need to update the database with the
changes. I was thinking of looping through the datatables row collection and
checking the rowstate, then performing the necessary update.
My question is how can I update the dataset after the user makes changes? I
need a way to loop through or ref the child controls of the repeater, how do
i do this?

Scott Allen

Hi Neil:

Data binding in ASP.NET is one-way binding, unfortunately. You'll have
to loop through the repeater items and pull updated information from
the control to get the values to the database.

I have some code that might give you a start here:
In Search Of ASP.NET Controls
http://odetocode.com/Articles/116.aspx