Fine Grained Security in Ruby 2.0?

Gully Foyle

Hi,

Are there plans to provide more control over the security options
currently handled by $SAFE?

The four $SAFE levels currently enable/disable dozens of options and it
would be nice if each option (or much smaller sets of options) can be
controlled in the future.

I'm happy with all the currently controllable settings--its just that
they're in just big groups--being able to enable/disable smaller sets
(or individual options) would be fantastic.

Florian Gross

Gully said:
Hi,
Moin!

Are there plans to provide more control over the security options
currently handled by $SAFE?
The four $SAFE levels currently enable/disable dozens of options and it
would be nice if each option (or much smaller sets of options) can be
controlled in the future.

I agree with this, offering more control over such important aspects is
a good thing and I'd rather remember a few symbols with meaningful names
than four magic numbers and the changes they cause.

Regards,
Florian Gross

gabriele renzi

I agree with this, offering more control over such important aspects is
a good thing and I'd rather remember a few symbols with meaningful names
than four magic numbers and the changes they cause.

+1 from me.

Yukihiro Matsumoto

Hi,

In message "Fine Grained Security in Ruby 2.0?"

|Are there plans to provide more control over the security options
|currently handled by $SAFE?

No plan. Just because I don't have any good idea for fine grain
security. It's way harder to design finer grain security in Ruby than
other language with limited set of basic operation. If someone has
any good design, tell me, or submit RCR.

matz.