Firefox and Page Events

Joey

asp.net 2/C#/VS2005

In my app I have code to increment a counter and write an event each
time a page is viewed. I placed the code within the Page_Load() event
handler, inside of an if(!this.Page.IsPostBack) code block. I am using
master pages with this app.

When viewing the page with IE, all works as expected. The counter gets
incremented, and the event gets written. But when I view the page in
Firefox, the code gets executed five, six or seven times. This happens
on every page. As a result, my counters are wrong, and my event log is
a mess! Does anyone know why this is occurring?

Guest

asp.net 2/C#/VS2005

In my app I have code to increment a counter and write an event each
time a page is viewed. I placed the code within the Page_Load() event
handler, inside of an if(!this.Page.IsPostBack) code block. I am using
master pages with this app.

When viewing the page with IE, all works as expected. The counter gets
incremented, and the event gets written. But when I view the page in
Firefox, the code gets executed five, six or seven times. This happens
on every page. As a result, my counters are wrong, and my event log is
a mess! Does anyone know why this is occurring?

Check this thread, maybe it helps to find an error
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t91202-pageload-fires-twice-with-mozilla.html