Flexible Tables Question

Ryan Sullivan

I am developing a site utilizing flexible tables. For some reason, my
navbar and the black row below it are not even in IE6 with the rest of
the page (they won't extend all the way to the scroll bar). Everything
looks fine in Netscape / Mozilla. The site is at
http://rpatrick.homedns.org Please have a look and help a man out!

Thanks,
Ryan

andy johnson

I am developing a site utilizing flexible tables. For some reason, my
navbar and the black row below it are not even in IE6 with the rest of
the page (they won't extend all the way to the scroll bar). Everything
looks fine in Netscape / Mozilla. The site is at
http://rpatrick.homedns.org Please have a look and help a man out!

Thanks,
Ryan

Looks about the same in Opera 7.11as in MSIE 6.0 SP1. In Opera, I
don't have a scroll bar and in IE, there is a scroll bar that is
empty. You might try at least using multiple tables, and even better
use CSS. With the cellspacing, cellpadding, margins and padding all
set to off and borders set to "0" it will go to the edge of the page.
With all the JS, and Flash, I'd be more concerned about how many
viewers could actually use your site as intended.
-
Andy

"There would be a lot more civility in this world if people
didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you"
- (Calvin and Hobbes)

Richard

Ryan Sullivan wrote:>>
I am developing a site utilizing flexible tables. For some reason, my
navbar and the black row below it are not even in IE6 with the rest of
the page (they won't extend all the way to the scroll bar). Everything
looks fine in Netscape / Mozilla. The site is at
http://rpatrick.homedns.org Please have a look and help a man out!

Using IE 6 I see a black border above and below the second table. Nav bar
shows fine.
You should change the width of your nav bar drop down box though. Does not
quite contain the text.
If you want to try something a little more exotic, try out this image swap
idea:

if(document.images) {
pics = new Array();
pics[1] = new Image();
pics[1].src = "name of main image";
pics[2] = new Image();
pics[2].src = "name of first swap image";
}

function changer(from,to) {
if(document.images) {
document.images[from].src = pics[to].src;
}

You can use onmouseover if you'd like.

Chet

message | I am developing a site utilizing flexible tables. For some
reason, my
| navbar and the black row below it are not even in IE6 with the
rest of
| the page (they won't extend all the way to the scroll bar).
Everything
| looks fine in Netscape / Mozilla. The site is at
| http://rpatrick.homedns.org Please have a look and help a man
out!

| Thanks,
| Ryan
| --
| To reply, please remove your robe.

Ryan,

Try adding this to the body portion in your external styles.css
file:

body {margin: 0; padding: 0}

HTH,

Chet
(e-mail address removed) (remove NOSPAM)

Ryan Sullivan

Chet said:
Try adding this to the body portion in your external styles.css
file:

body {margin: 0; padding: 0}

HTH,

Chet
(e-mail address removed) (remove NOSPAM)

Ah - perfect! Thanks for the advice.

Ryan