flip flop in mealy state machine

Ola

Hi,
I'm currently trying to make a control system for a project. I'm using
the Mealy state machine consisting of two processes(state- and clk-
process) to get the output signals. Unfortunately one of the signals has
the same value as one of the input signals, but just one clock tact moved.
First of all I used the commnad :
signal1 <= signal2 after clock_tact
and it works well. The problem is, that I'm not allowed to use this
command, because the whole system is a synchronous model and not a
testbench or library.
I think, that the best way would be to use a flip flop, but I'm not
quite sure if I can use it in a mealy machine (outside the processes).

Can anyone answer this question?
Maybe you have an idea how to make it in another way?

Thank for help,
Ola

Mike Treseler

Ola said:
Maybe you have an idea how to make it in another way?

I would use a synchronous process
and declare variables for the state
and output registers.

-- Mike Treseler