Folder Security

cct

Hi all,

I am having difficulty in retrieving the file / folder permission in current
context user.
for eg, GetDirectories() method will return all the folders,
Is there any way to return only folder / files which the user has
permission?

thanks.

Alek Davis

I do not think that it is possible to do in .NET. By the way, which
permission are you talking about: read, write, execute, list folder
contents, delete, etc? If you really need this functionality and have time
to invest, you can write a DLL or COM object which uses native Win32 API to
check if current user has a desired access permission to a specific file
folder. The following samples can help you get started:
http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=4318
(http://www.vbcity.com/forums/faq.asp?fid=9&cat=System&#TID16545) and
http://www.pardesiservices.com/softomatix/aspuseraccesscheck.asp.

Alek