fontsize in textlayout

Discussion in 'Java' started by Michael Mueller, Jun 30, 2007.

  1. Hi

    I like to print some elements includind bib test in a special font size.
    Everything is printed in that size (g2d.drawString), except my big text
    (layout.draw(g2d, ...), which is allways printed in something like 6 points.
    This is my code:

    font = new Font("Sans-serif", Font.PLAIN, 11);
    g2d.setFont(font);

    g2d.drawString(out, xPos, yPos); // printed 11 points

    out = doc.getDocItem(i).getDescription();

    if (out.length() > 0){
    AttributedString styledText = new AttributedString(out);
    AttributedCharacterIterator charIterator = styledText.getIterator();
    FontRenderContext frc = g2d.getFontRenderContext();
    LineBreakMeasurer measurer = new LineBreakMeasurer(charIterator, frc);
    float wrappingWidth = (float) ((some calculated value)
    xPos = (wAmount + 2 * wGap) * scale;

    while (measurer.getPosition() < charIterator.getEndIndex()) {
    TextLayout layout = measurer.nextLayout(wrappingWidth);

    layout.draw(g2d, xPos, yPos); // printed using apx. 6 points

    if (measurer.getPosition() < charIterator.getEndIndex()) {
    yPos += metrics.getHeight();

    Any help is welcome

    Michael

    Michael Mueller, Jun 30, 2007

  2. I got it.

    I just added an attribute...
    AttributedString styledText = new AttributedString(out);
    styledText.addAttribute( TextAttribute.FONT, font );
    AttributedCharacterIterator charIterator = styledText.getIterator();

    Michael Mueller, Jun 30, 2007

  3. Michael Mueller

    Roedy Green Guest

    Roedy Green, Jul 1, 2007