Forcing Page Postback at END of event (while retaining viewstate)

Earl Teigrob

I have a page that reads values from an XML file to display to the user. The
page also has a control panel that allows administrators to update the XML
file with new values. When an administrator presses the update button in the
control panel area of the page and the values are written to the XML file, I
want the page to reload with the new values WHILE RETAINING ANY VIEW STATE
VALUES. (that are not rewriten by the new XML values)

I have found 2 ways to reload the page but both of them do not retain view
state. One is to use a Response.Redirect to the same page and the other is
write a JavaScript submit to a literal control that is located withing the
form.

Thank you for your Help

Earl