Form controls, who gets the enter key

Guest

Hello

I have a asp.net form in VS.Net 2003. It has a custom control with a text
box and a button (search) in the top left hand corner. this is on every page
in our site, as it is on the main template.

I also have a search box and button in the content part of the page. This
search is completely different to the top left search. I want the enter
button to fire the content search button, not the top left button.

I have AutoEventWireup="true". I have tried AutoEventWireup="false".

But always, the top left button gets the enter button. Any way to stop this?

Bear in mind that the top left search control is shared, so the less I have
to do with that the better. But it is under our control, so we can change it.

This used to be so easy with nested and multiple forms.

Thanks
BEP