FormatNumber

MiniEggs

Hi

Why would FormatNumber(1,2,0,0,0) return 1,00 instead of 1.00 ?

All docs I've found on the web suggest it should return 1.00

Thanks in advance

Tim Slattery

MiniEggs said:
Hi

Why would FormatNumber(1,2,0,0,0) return 1,00 instead of 1.00 ?

Check the "Regional and Language Options" control panel applet on the
server, that's what controls this. Europeans use a comma to separate
the fraction from the integer, the US uses a period. You probably want
to set the region to "English, United States".

MiniEggs

Hi Tim

Thanks for the reply

I have asked for this to be checked

The odd thing is though all three of these return the same result

Response.Write FormatNumber(1,2,-2,-2,-2)
Response.Write FormatNumber(1,2,-1,-1,-1)
Response.Write FormatNumber(1,2,0,0,0)

I would have thought 0 should mean the regional settings are ignored ?

Thanks

Bob Barrows

Tim said:
Check the "Regional and Language Options" control panel applet on the
server, that's what controls this. Europeans use a comma to separate
the fraction from the integer, the US uses a period. You probably want
to set the region to "English, United States".
One gotcha here is that the user profile whose Regional Settings are
manifesting in ASP might not be the user profile under which you are
logging into the server to check the Regional Settings. It might be the
IUSR account depending on how the website is configured. There are
several KB articles that deal with this issue so let me point you at
these search results:
http://www.google.com/search?source...Settings"+IIS+ASP+site:support.microsoft.com+

Bob Barrows

No. None of these arguments affects the decimal separator used. The last
argument will affect the thousands separator, but that's it.
I try to avoid formatnumber, formatdate and formatcurrency, for these
reasons. If I need to format a string, I do it explicitly. See
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2313 for some suggestions.