    Why would FormatNumber(1,2,0,0,0) return 1,00 instead of 1.00 ?

    All docs I've found on the web suggest it should return 1.00

    Thanks in advance

    MiniEggs, Dec 4, 2009

  2. MiniEggs

    Tim Slattery Guest

    Check the "Regional and Language Options" control panel applet on the
    server, that's what controls this. Europeans use a comma to separate
    the fraction from the integer, the US uses a period. You probably want
    to set the region to "English, United States".

    Tim Slattery, Dec 4, 2009

  3. MiniEggs

    MiniEggs Guest

    Hi Tim

    Thanks for the reply

    I have asked for this to be checked

    The odd thing is though all three of these return the same result

    Response.Write FormatNumber(1,2,-2,-2,-2)
    Response.Write FormatNumber(1,2,-1,-1,-1)
    Response.Write FormatNumber(1,2,0,0,0)

    I would have thought 0 should mean the regional settings are ignored ?

    Thanks

    MiniEggs, Dec 4, 2009
  4. MiniEggs

    Bob Barrows Guest

    One gotcha here is that the user profile whose Regional Settings are
    manifesting in ASP might not be the user profile under which you are
    logging into the server to check the Regional Settings. It might be the
    IUSR account depending on how the website is configured. There are
    several KB articles that deal with this issue so let me point you at
    these search results:
    http://www.google.com/search?source...Settings"+IIS+ASP+site:support.microsoft.com+

    Bob Barrows, Dec 4, 2009
  5. MiniEggs

    Bob Barrows Guest

    No. None of these arguments affects the decimal separator used. The last
    argument will affect the thousands separator, but that's it.
    I try to avoid formatnumber, formatdate and formatcurrency, for these
    reasons. If I need to format a string, I do it explicitly. See
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2313 for some suggestions.

    Bob Barrows, Dec 4, 2009