formatted Excel Report

Guest

I've seen examples of this in classic asp - but there is probably an easier
way to do this. I have a client that wants 'downloadable' excel spreadsheet
reports - i do not have control over my web server so i cannot use the Excel
object model or SQL Reporting, Crystal, etc. The classic asp solution works
like this. 1) Insert your data into a office 2003 Excel worksheet - format it
and save it as XML. 2) Open it up in a text editor and strip out META data
about author, etc. save the Style only tags somewhere - like your SQL server.
3) configure your asp page to set the mime type (content) and open the
recordset. 4) push it to the web page while applying your style sheet.
(somehow). Are there any tools to help do this - rip out the embedded style
of an excel worksheet - making a template? Does anyone have a simple example
of how to do the rest of this in 1.14 framework with vb code behinds? I need
to format this data to look good - plus add Sums on colums - insert hard page
breaks at groupings, etc.
Frank Kirchner
Programmer Analyst
Regional Development