Formatting floats

Kevin Smith

I'm trying to get floats formatted in exponent notation but with the
first non-zero number to the right of the decimal instead of to the left (
e.g. '-.107E2' instead of '-1.07E1'). Is this possible using the string
formatting operations?

Dan Bishop

Kevin Smith said:
I'm trying to get floats formatted in exponent notation but with the
first non-zero number to the right of the decimal instead of to the left (
e.g. '-.107E2' instead of '-1.07E1'). Is this possible using the string
formatting operations?
.... mantissa, exponent = ('%e' % x).split('e')
.... mantissa = float(mantissa) / 10
.... exponent = int(exponent) + 1
.... return '%fe%d' % (mantissa, exponent)
....'-0.107000e2'