Forms auth, works on one machine, not on another

scott ocamb

hello

We are using forms authentication in asp.net for our web site. The code we
have implemented works on 2 developers machines and not on a single
developers machine.

We all use source safe and the problem developers machine has the latest
version of the code. As we step through the code on the problem developer's
machine, when RedirectFromLoginPage is executed, it does not redirect but
goes back to the login page.

We can connect to a "good" machine with the problem developers machine and
everything works so it seems it is not a browser setting.

any help would be appreciated

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello Scott,

I suggest you reinstall asp.net on the system to see if it could resolve the problem.

There are two different ways to fix IIS mappings for ASP.NET.

To repair IIS mappings for ASP.NET, you can run the Aspnet_regiis.exe utility by following the steps below.
Click Start, and then click Run.
Type cmd and click OK.
At the command prompt, type "\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\aspnet_regiis.exe" -i and click OK.

To repair IIS mappings for ASP.NET you must register Aspnet_isapi.dll. To do so:
Click Start and then click Run.
Type regsvr32 <Windows folder>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\aspnet_isapi.dll and then click OK.
Regsvr32 will return the results of the registration.

Surely if you use .NET framework 1.1, you should find the file under \WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 folder.

If the problem still can't be resolved, please post here.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

!From: "scott ocamb" <[email protected]>