Forms authentication and multiple login pages

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Leo Gagne, Dec 3, 2003.

  1. Leo Gagne

    Leo Gagne Guest

    Hi,

    I use a "forms based" security scheme. As I understood
    it, all I need is a "login" page (the unsecured one) and
    the rest. I have a little problem with this approach...
    multilingual web site!

    My "default.aspx" page is blank and, in the Form_Load
    event, I detect the configured language of the browser.
    If I find a defined language that I support (English,
    French, Chinese), I redirect the call to the
    corresponding login page. If no specific language is
    configured or if I don't support any of the desired
    language, I redirect the browser to the English page.

    How can I indicate in the "web.config" that there are
    more than one "login" page? Otherwise, can I set one or
    more pages' authorization to full access? Actually, I
    put "default.aspx" in the "loginUrl" attribute of
    the "forms" tag and, of course, it doesn't work because
    the "en/mainpage.aspx" (the English login page) requires
    authentication according to this schema.

    Here's what is in my web.config:
    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms loginUrl="default.aspx" protection="All"
    name="FvAutCookie" timeout="60" path="/" />
    </authentication>

    <authorization>
    <deny users="?"/>
    <allow users="*"/>
    </authorization>

    I read something about a "<location>" tag, but this
    doesn't seem to work properly (maybe I don't use it
    correctly...!)

    <location path="en/mainpage.aspx">
    <system.web>
    <authorization>