    users who are listed in a SQL Server table. There will be a small list
    of application roles associated with each user and I would like to store
    this list of roles in SQL as well. How would one go about this? Thanks!

    Phil Townsend, Oct 27, 2004

  2. Phil Townsend

    nicholas Guest

    nicholas, Oct 27, 2004

  3. Phil Townsend

    Saravana Guest

    Saravana, Oct 27, 2004
  4. Let me throw another URL into the pot:

    Role-Based Authorization With Forms Authentication

    Happy Programming!

    --

    Scott Mitchell

    http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com

    Scott Mitchell [MVP], Oct 27, 2004
  5. Mark,Nicholas

    Both of these articles were a big help, thanks!

    I have one further question: if a user is successfully logged, but only
    has access to certain directories, and tries to access a forbidden
    directory, he is redirected back to the login screen. I would like to
    change this so that attempts to access directories without credentials
    are answered with a message rather than being redirected back to the
    login screen. Thanks again...

    Phil Townsend, Oct 27, 2004