Forms Authentication failed - No Redirect

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Aug 11, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    On my local developing-machine the Redirect after authentication is working
    very fine.
    After uploading the Code on my Webserver (IIS 6.0) the login-page refreshes
    after clicking "Sign-Up" and no redirect happens.

    Here´s a Code-Snippet from my web.config:

    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms loginUrl="login.aspx">
    <credentials passwordFormat="Clear">
    <user name="Test" password="test"/>
    </credentials>
    </forms>
    </authentication>
    <authorization>
    <deny users="?"/>
    </authorization>

    Guest, Aug 11, 2004

    Andy Fish Guest

    I presume you know it's getting as far as the call to RedirectFromLoginPage?

    I had identical symptoms recently when I inadvertently passed in null as the
    username parameter.

    Andy

    Andy Fish, Aug 11, 2004