forms authentication with loginurl on a remote machine contd

Hermit Dave

Steven,

Just a quick query.... in the two apps i have... it works fine on my local
machine... but was talking to someone who was implementing a very similar
method.... and it was then that i noticed... that the returnURL value...
when it was forwarded to secure application contained
"/virtualdir/virtualdir2/index.aspx"
This would mean that in a scenario like mine.. where the second app is on a
different server i would have to set a manual redirection to the first
applicaton... (cause returnURL is not a fully qualified URL....

however i did notice... that passport authentication (i know its a totally
different mechanism) but the returnURL is indeed fully qualified...

Was also reading some posts earlier when someone mentioned that the behavior
was indeed very similar till beta 1 but was later on change to not have full
URL
would appreciate you comments on this...

--
Regards,

HD

PS: still havent tried it on my live servers (messed up the permissions on
db and am waiting for it to be restored... )