Formula fields in Crystal Reports

Michelle Stone

I have bound a Crystal Report to a dataset that contains
two fields "var1" and "var2" both of which are of DOUBLE
type.

I want to display the sum of the two on my report.

So i created a FORMULA field in which i typed MySet.var1
+ MySet.var2

where MySet is the name of the dataset added to the
crystal report.

Surprisingly (though there are no errors displayed),
nothing shows up in the report after i dragged and
dropped the new formula field onto the report.

What could be the issue? I confirmed that the values are
there (i mean var1 and var2 exists with proper values).

Thank you.

Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
ur solution

whatever u r doing is something like concatinating 2 strings in Crystal report.
Use sum() mathematical function available in formula editor..
and simply provide the fields u require to compute in sum() function.
I hope this will be helpful 4 u.