Framesets

lashnjo

hello, is there a way using framesets, to click on one frameset
(example: an image) and then for it to then load another two images and
a new image in itself?

dorayme

"lashnjo said:
hello, is there a way using framesets, to click on one frameset
(example: an image) and then for it to then load another two images and
a new image in itself?

You can click on a link in one frame and make a different
frameset appear, thus probably achieving this immediate goal. You
need to get a tute on frames, millions to google from. If you get
stuck on anything, come back - but do try to narrow it down to
what you are really stuck on.

(and risk being beaten to within 1mm of your life by the frame
hunters and killers that lurk in these waters. But don't worry,
you will learn stuff.)

Neredbojias

hello, is there a way using framesets, to click on one frameset
(example: an image) and then for it to then load another two images and
a new image in itself?

Yes, but the means have been replaced by improved methods of page
manipulation.

Paul Watt

dorayme said:
You can click on a link in one frame and make a different
frameset appear, thus probably achieving this immediate goal. You
need to get a tute on frames, millions to google from. If you get
stuck on anything, come back - but do try to narrow it down to
what you are really stuck on.

(and risk being beaten to within 1mm of your life by the frame
hunters and killers that lurk in these waters. But don't worry,
you will learn stuff.)

*straps on Frame hunting clothes and picks up Frame killing rifle*

--
Cheers

Paul
le singe est dans l'arbre
http://www.paulwatt.info

dorayme

"Lashnjo said:
yeah thanks for educating me, but can you tell me the other ways to do
it?

Originally you asked:

"is there a way using framesets, to click on one frameset
(example: an image) and then for it to then load another two
images and a new image in itself?"

You can do this in frames, as I said, or probably with help of
javascript. But the latter also has accessibilty issues (in
short, not all folk have it turned on).

There are complex other ways to do it no doubt via server side
files.

But if you want to do it simple, do this. Make an ordinary html
page. Make the image concerned a link. Let the link go to another
html page on which is all the things you want to see in your
example, ie. two other images as well as the original (this last
is simply repeated).

Now, what do you want to know?