Framework 1.1 and Forms Authentication

Guest

Hi,

I have different asp.net applications as sub applications within an application and was using Framework 1.0. And I use forms authentication across the applications. In the web.config file of outer application I have

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name=".ASPXAUTH" loginUrl="Default.aspx" path="/" timeout="20"/>
</authentication>

While in the web.config of the Sub applications I have

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name=".ASPXAUTH" loginUrl="../Default.aspx" timeout="20"/>
</authentication>

So I was able to access the pages in the Sub applications as long I was authenticated.

Now when I upgrade to Framework 1.1, this does not work. I able to login, but not able to access any pages in the sub application. When I try to reach to any page in the sub application, it simply throws me back to defualt page. For some reason the sub applications are not recognizing the aspxauth cookie.

I would appreciate any response in this regard.

Thanks.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

Set the name="" to the same name - DONE

Config File <machineKey>
Set the validationKey to the same value in each app
Set the decryptionKey to the same value in each app
(see help file)

NOTE: This will still not allow passing session values back and forth, but
it will allow a user to be authed in two apps. The apps do not have to be
web and subweb either.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!
Dotnet Guy said:
[...]

Thanks Greg.
It works but my session does not time out in 20 min. I have this in each of my apps.

<forms name=".ASPXAUTH" loginUrl="Default.aspx" path="/" protection="All" timeout="20"/>

Thanks in advance.