free java script debugger

bux baeumchen

Hi all,

is there a free debugger for java script???
For a beginner like me it would be very helpful in order to find out
what's wrong in the code.
I'm working with IE 6.0 and winXP.
thanks in advance,

bux bauemchen

Janwillem Borleffs

bux baeumchen said:
Hi all,

is there a free debugger for java script???
For a beginner like me it would be very helpful in order to find out
what's wrong in the code.
I'm working with IE 6.0 and winXP.
thanks in advance,

Switch over to Mozilla for development, it comes with a very nice and free
debugger

JW

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

is there a free debugger for java script???

There are some.
Venkman for Mozilla <URL:http://www.mozilla.org/projects/venkman/>
and Microsoft's script debugger
For a beginner like me it would be very helpful in order to find out
what's wrong in the code.

You need meaningfull error messages more than you need a debugger. As
a beginner, you will rearely need to step through the javascript and
set breakpoints.

For meaningfull error messages, I would suggest using a Mozilla
browser or Opera. IE is notoriously bad at giving informative error
messages, and the debugger just shows you the line with the error
(which you could find from the linenumber yourself).
I'm working with IE 6.0 and winXP.

For writing javascript that is compatible with more than one browser,
I heartily recommend using more than one browser while developing.
It makes you "appreciate" the differences :)

/L