FreeTextBox & ASP.NET2.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lloyd Dupont, Oct 12, 2004.

  1. Lloyd Dupont

    Lloyd Dupont Guest

    has any FreeTextBox user manage to get it to run with ASP.NET 2.0 ?
    I downloaded the latest version available (2.0.7) and I kept having problem:

    Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to map the path
    '/aspnet_client/FreeTextBox/Languages/en-US.xml'.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [InvalidOperationException: Failed to map the path
    '/aspnet_client/FreeTextBox/Languages/en-US.xml'.]
    System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathCaching(String path) +762
    System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathInternal(String virtualPath)
    +15 System.Web.HttpRequest.MapPath(String virtualPath, String
    baseVirtualDir, Boolean allowCrossAppMapping) +189
    System.Web.HttpServerUtility.MapPath(String path) +74
    FreeTextBoxControls.Support.ResourceManager.LoadResource(Hashtable target,
    String language, String cacheKey) +90
    FreeTextBoxControls.Support.ResourceManager.GetResources() +144
    FreeTextBoxControls.Support.ResourceManager.GetString(String name) +21
    FreeTextBoxControls.Support.Helper.PopulateDefaultDropDownList(ToolbarDropDownList
    toolbarDropDownList, FreeTextBox freeTextBox, ResourceManager
    resourceManager) +1961 FreeTextBoxControls.FreeTextBox.OnPreRender(EventArgs
    e) +466 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +90
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
    Boolean

    (I unsucessfuly try do use the aspnet_client directory in InetPub or create
    one such directory into my app...)

    Lloyd Dupont, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Lloyd Dupont

    Hermit Dave Guest

    add the Freetextbox directory to your applications roots
    and then set the correct path in the controls property.

    no i havent tried it on 2.0 but i had a similar problem a few days back.

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Oct 12, 2004

  3. Lloyd Dupont

    Lloyd Dupont Guest

    thanks, I will try that.

    Lloyd Dupont, Oct 13, 2004
  4. Lloyd Dupont

    Lloyd Dupont Guest

    BTW, how do you do that?
    I looked into the documentation and I indeed see a few XXXPath variable, but
    they are all deprecated...

    Lloyd Dupont, Oct 13, 2004
  5. Lloyd Dupont

    Lloyd Dupont Guest

    not a problem, I found it, I have to use the "SupportFolder" property!!

    sage news:...

    Lloyd Dupont, Oct 13, 2004
  6. Lloyd Dupont

    Hermit Dave Guest

    great... sorry couldnt answer the earlier post... was away for a few hours
    :)

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Oct 13, 2004
  7. Lloyd Dupont

    Lloyd Dupont Guest

    not a problem.
    now I begin to play with it, that's great!!

    I had used the ImageGallery with it, superb!
    And I wil try to write a SmilleyToolButton (with a graphical picker :)

    Lloyd Dupont, Oct 15, 2004