freeware installer for java project!

SP

hi!
can somebody help me fine a freeware installer, which is eary to handle, for
a java project?

greetingz
Sunil

Anthony Williams

hi!
thanks...
i have run into another problem...may be u can help with that
my project has a few folders and subfolder and my main resides in login.java
which is in the mail folder
now i need an executable. i thought to make a jar package of the project
and then run the jar from a .bat file
would this work??
i have neve done anything like this before...do u have a better idea?

greetingz
Sunil

Hi,

If you're using InnoSetup, it's possible to setup a number of directories
in the install script itself. Look in the script for a section labelled,
[Files]. Underneath it you can place as many files as you want using the
following:

[Files]
Source: "C:\My Program\Main Dir\mainprog.exe"; DestDir: "{app}";
Source: "C:\My Program\Main Dir\Sub Dir\MyDLL.dll"; DestDir: "{app}\Sub
Dir"

Etc..

Hope this helps,

Anthony

Keeger

Mark Benson said:
Try InstallAnywhere. They have a free version available. Works fine.

http://www.zerog.com

MB

since you mentioned batch files, I think you are talking about windows
installs. I've noticed that JAR files are listed as "executable jar"
files in explorer, and if I double click one, it starts up a JVM and
runs it. (sometimes it fails for no main(), but hey)

If not, you can make a batch file sure. to ensure it works, i'd put
it in the install dir (where the jar is) and that way you can
guarantee it launches and don't have to mess with paths.