front end web developer

Joe

What would you need to show in a portfolio when going for a job as a XHTML
CSS front end web developer? I need ideas to put in my portfolio.

Cheers,

Joe.

Els

Joe said:
What would you need to show in a portfolio when going for a job as a XHTML
CSS front end web developer? I need ideas to put in my portfolio.

Pictures of and links to sites for which you have done the XHTML and
CSS? Per site, explain a little about how you met the client's
requirements for the site.

Joe

Els said:
Pictures of and links to sites for which you have done the XHTML and
CSS? Per site, explain a little about how you met the client's
requirements for the site.

I don't have a client. My examples will all be uncommercial.

Joe.

Els

Joe said:
I don't have a client. My examples will all be uncommercial.

Then I don't see how you can start a portfolio. As far as I know, a
portfolio is a showcase of the work you have done already. Whether
that is commercial work or voluntary stuff done for free, doesn't
matter. So, if it's just the word "client" that doesn't work for you,
read my reply again, and replace the word "client" with "site owner".

Travis Newbury

What would you need to show in a portfolio when going for a job as a XHTML
CSS front end web developer? I need ideas to put in my portfolio.

So are you looking at adding lies?

Joe

What would you need to show in a portfolio when going for a job as a XHTML
CSS front end web developer? I need ideas to put in my portfolio.

So are you looking at adding lies?

No, why do you say that?

Joe.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Joe wrote:

(Beauregard wrote: [please don't snip attributes, thanks])
No, its what the company is asking for.

Ah. Is this a web shop, or a commercial client? If a web shop, tell them
(politely, of course) the error of their ways.
I know of the reasons why it is bad to use XHTML.

Feel free to give them the link. said:
No, just single page sites.

Well, even one-page sites may qualify for a portfolio - depends on what
they are about, of course. Care to share any of the links?

Travis Newbury

Do it right and it will go a long way to showing that you
really are a skilled web developer and not some idiot who
read a "Complete Idiot's Guide For Dummies" book and then
went into business.

But remember, those complete idiots are the ones making fortune 500
websites. So choose your path wisely...

Joe

Joe said:
What would you need to show in a portfolio when going for a job as a XHTML
CSS front end web developer? I need ideas to put in my portfolio.

Would a cool CSS techniques page help me get a job?

Cheers,

Joe.

Joe

Well, even one-page sites may qualify for a portfolio - depends on what
they are about, of course. Care to share any of the links?

No, they're fixed width sites. I've visited alt.html.critique and know what
you guys think of fixed width.

Cheers,

Joe.

Blinky the Shark

Jim said:
What is a "front end web developer"?
(I have my own definition. Just wondering about yours.)

You only do index.html. You have minions to do the rest. :)