FTP using WebRequest

All Smiles

I'm trying to use WebRequest to FTP from my local machine to a remote
server, but I continually get a 550 response from the server. I can create
the file, but cannot write to it or delete it - there seems to be a hanging
process running that eventually times out. Has anyone run into a similar
problem?

Thanks.

All Smiles

I'm convinved this is a permission based issue on the web server, just not
sure if it's the /temp directory that needs r/w permission by the default
WWW user or the .NET process user or some other process.

Joerg Jooss

All said:
I'm trying to use WebRequest to FTP from my local machine to a remote
server, but I continually get a 550 response from the server. I can
create the file, but cannot write to it or delete it - there seems to
be a hanging process running that eventually times out. Has anyone
run into a similar problem?

There's no FTP support in .NET 1.1. What are you *really* doing? HTTP PUT?
Using a third-party class?

Cheers,