GAC doesn't work when trying to share ASP.NET dll

Donald Sorenson

Hey all,
I'm trying to share a DLL that sits in the bin directory of a web
application. from responses I got here
I tried to change the output path (doesn't work) and I also tried to put it
in the GAC. although I was successive with the procedure of putting that
into the GAC, the DLL wasn't working even there.
I have to mention, that this DLL is not an extra component, but the actual
code behind for this page.
So I have a page named Webform1 and this is its compiled code behind that I
need to share, not another class. I saw the DLL in the GAC, so I guess I've
installed it correctly, but the page gave me the same error as it did before
I inserted the DLL to the GAC, saying it can't find the code.

any help on that?
TY

mikeb

Donald said:
Hey all,
I'm trying to share a DLL that sits in the bin directory of a web
application. from responses I got here
I tried to change the output path (doesn't work) and I also tried to put it
in the GAC. although I was successive with the procedure of putting that
into the GAC, the DLL wasn't working even there.
I have to mention, that this DLL is not an extra component, but the actual
code behind for this page.
So I have a page named Webform1 and this is its compiled code behind that I
need to share, not another class. I saw the DLL in the GAC, so I guess I've
installed it correctly, but the page gave me the same error as it did before
I inserted the DLL to the GAC, saying it can't find the code.

Add the full name of the assembly you added to the GAC to your web.config:

<system.web>
<compilation>
<assemblies>
<add assembly="MyGlobalAssembly, Version=1.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0123456789abcdef" />
</assemblies>
</compilation>
</system.web>